Yes the upper piece, for storing the lace as it comes off the pillow, is
called a plioir. Hard to pronounce with English-shaped vowels :p
The second piece I have no idea. An ell is about 45 inches. Does that help?
It is an English measure. Perhaps there is a French measure which the wooden
piece would represent. The two holes at either side though... quoi donc?

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)