Hi Sue

That would probably have been the late Don Harrison. My first old bobbins also came from him though I could cringe when I think how he handle (or mishandled) the bobbins in his care. Christmas and birthdays my DH would take me over to see Don who would tip the different lots bobbins onto a tray for me to look through and choose from to my hearts content - ah heaven!! I've often thought what a shame he didn't keep records of all the bobbins that passed through his hands, I did keep all his price lists which formed a good part of the database of inscriptions I've made.

Diana in Northants

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'arachne'" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 9:51 PM
Subject: [lace] RE: [lace old bobbins on ebay

All the chat about old bobbins reminds me that many years ago (about 20)
when I first went to lace days I had the chance to buy antique wooden
spangled bobbins for about £1 each the supplier used to just tip a huge
dusty pile of them on the table and you had to sort through to see if
you could match or nearly match pairs, if only I  had known that I could
get such a price for them now on ebay I would have bought many more - oh
well such is life.

Sue M Harvey
Norfolk UK

Checked by AVG Free Edition.