Hi Bev

For the first big piece I did (waistcoat/vest) fronts I used a 24" cookie pillow but then I made myself a very big roller pillow. The apron part is just three layers of insulation polystyrene stuck together and hacked into shape with a carving knife. The roller is a whole roll of the insulating styrene foam sold for putting underneath wallpaper. I've made several big pieces (scarf, bag, sweater etc) using that pillow and it's not yet showing signs of wearing out.

I've collected just over 100 of the large continental bobbins which Tim Parker sells,
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/lace/bobbins/unspangled.html
5th picture down. The long neck means that I can wind a decent amount of thick thread onto them. On occasion when I need still more bobbins I've just used the biggest I have.

Brenda

If you have made a bobbin lace scarf, what type of bobbins did you use? and
if on a block pillow was it one with wide blocks, necessarily?

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html