I had good intentions of making a scarf from lace weight yarn.  I picked out
this soft fuzzy yarn to lace with.  But instead I turned it into a cover for
a pouch and gave it to a friend. I added beads on the tail ends instead of
working them in.  Makes for good dangles.  I then applied it to some
complimentary wool fabric.   Here are some pics she took of the pouch/purse
I made her:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_gmukDyOE-lQ/RucWZqtsiyI/AAAAAAAAAMs/4WZEHHPwMdk/s160
0-h/DSCF0187b.JPG

http://bp3.blogger.com/_gmukDyOE-lQ/RucVxqtsixI/AAAAAAAAAMk/lBniUiXubRU/s160
0-h/DSCF0188b.JPG

I made my own large roller pillow out of a hard tube that used to have
fabric rolled on it.  I work in a band uniform manufacturing company that
throws out these 6 foot empty cardboard tubes(one of these days I will make
a 6 foot roller pillow!! HAH).  So I make use of them and have used them for
the inside part of small and large roller pillows.  I then wrap layers of
wool fabric and then finally a dense insulation foam.  Then the two cloth
covers.  Works like a charm!  The bobbins I used for making this scarf
turned into purse/pouch were the big bobbins you get in the "kit from Hell".
I sure could use more of those if I was to make a wider scarf.  If you have
any you want to get rid of, I have a good home for them ;)

Someday I will actually make some scarves for gifts.  Intentions are good,
but is one of those "round tuits"!

Mark, aka Tatma in chilly Greenville, IL USA
Www.tat-man.net
Www.tat-man.net/blog