Hi spiders,

I'm giving a talk about lace next week. It is women's club (no males admitted). I'd like to know approximately how many lacemakers there are in the world. Like how many came up at the Lace magazine census? How many belong to OIDFA? How many are there in different countries like in the Netherlands, France, Germany. It doesn't have to be accurate an estimate is good enough. I realize that many OIDFA members also took part in the Lace census. But I would like to show the ladies that lacemaking isn't a dying art. I don't even know how many lace makers there are in Israel. I know Avital, Debbie and another one or two but that is it.

BTW thanks to all those of you who wrote to me about splitting embroidery floss.

Miriam,
in Arad, Israel