Neither do we in Canada have a national organisation. A national magazine in
English is privately run. Canada is a huge country geographically but not
heavily populated and especially not with lacemakers :p
I believe there about the same number of French-Canadian lacemakers in the
province of Quebec as there are in all of English Canada.
Canada is the home of the longest living lace group, since 1919, the Denman
& District Lace Club has been meeting regularly, begun by an English woman
who was visiting the area on Vancouver Island. At one time the group was
quite large. I think there are about 20 active lacemakers in that group now
(perhaps one of them if she is reading this will confirm).
My conservative guess is 500 lacemakers, call it 1000 for Miriam's census ;)

--
Bev  (near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)