Hi Miriam and everyone
I think you can safely say 'thousands' of lacemakers throughout the world -
not 'tens' of thousands, but 'thousands' should cover it. There are about
500 in Canada, by my guesstimate, but let's say a thousand counting anyone
who could possibly have tried bobbin lace.

--
Bev  (in Shirley near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada)