I think we're all on the same wavelength with wire - it is the silver clay
'cord' that gives us a headache, if we try to make 'lace' with it! Of course
it was never intended for lacemaking ;)
Somebody, somewhere, might be able to create lace in silver clay cords. I
like the silver clay pendants I made, with a lace-like impression on the
surface.