I have also heard Stephen Pearce talk.  If I remember correctly, thanks to 
the new regulations about slaughtering animals younger he can get a maximum of 
4 
bobbins from one leg - if he is lucky.  He buys them from a slaughterhous by 
something like the ton.  He has to get the bone marrow out and gets so much 
that the birds in his vicinity are bored with it :-)  When he has finished with 
a batch of legs he has to pay to have the leftovers taken away.  

I can't remember what he said about his tools but I seem to think they are 
slightly different from those used to turn wood.  

My outstanding memory of his talk is that his bobbins are worth every penny 
he charges - and I thought you probably had to be lightly mad to work with bone 
:-)

Patricia in Wales
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to