Yes - as long as the DVD player is a "multi region" one. It is possible to
adjust this from the menu on most DVD players.
Karen in Malta

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clive & Betty
Rice
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:05 AM
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] Question

Dear Gentle Spiders,
I have a quick question for this cosmopolitan, international group.  Please
pardon my putting it on "Lace;" I do not belong to "Chat"

Can American DVDs be played in England?  I know that the old VHS tapes cannot;
if I recall from living there, cassettes can.

Clive's cousin is visiting from England and would like to take some USA DVDs
back with her.  I said I'd post this to you lovely people and get a definite
answer shortly.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Lacemaking,
Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA