Hi David -

This version of Miss Channer's mat outshines your first effort with the mat! Can you tell me please... aside from reducing the size and using black silk instead of white cotton, what else are you doing to work this as "Chantilly" rather than Bucks? I applaud anyone who can take a pattern (and, as we know, Miss Channer's Mat is just a pricking - no diagram!), and work it in a way that pleases them.
Clay

Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA  USA

David in Ballarat wrote:
Janice,

I have reduced the pricking, and each block on my lace desk is 12 inches (30cm) square. So my doily is 9" (22.5 cm) long
David

I am curious, can you tell me what the dimensions are for Miss Channer's mat? It looks like you are working on a large block pillow and also that the mat fits onto one of the blocks. I had always imagined this piece was about 2
foot long.  How big is your center block?

Maybe someone else can answer the first question as David may have gone "walk
about" at this time of the year.

Janice

Janice Blair

Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA

www.jblace.com

http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org