From: bev
walker <walker.b...@gmail.com>
To: Arachne <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Tuesday,
16 February, 2010 17:01:53
Subject: [lace] photographing lace

Hi everyone and
Sue who asked:

Talking about photographing lace I have a question, I have a
very ordinary
> digital camera (HP Photosmart M417) that does have a few
functions Macro
> etc. and would like to know the best way to take photographs
of lace with
> it,.....

My experience with ordinary digital cameras:
difficult to get a good closeup
with macro unless there is lots of light
and/or your hands are very steady.
You can set the camera on a tripod, or flat
area and set the shutter on
timer. Stand away and hope a truck doesn't rumble
by and shake the building
when the shutter goes off. In some cameras the depth
of field is tentative,
experiment ahead of time to find the best distance
within inches to place
the camera for the sharpest possible image.

Another
approach, set the camera at highest quality and take a snapshot (not
a macro)
then later crop in your photo-viewing program.

Practice at home with textiles
on hand ;)

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island,
west coast of