Bev wrote:

<A point to keep in mind for us duffers - the image cannot be made any more clearer than at the resolution it has been taken at, in the first place. So - if you have a blurry small image, when enlarged, it is a blurry large image. Options in most printing software allow you to enlarge the images and retain clarity; a simple one to look for is 'print to paper size.'>

Agreed, you can't improve a blurry image like this, but if you have a small sharp image, which you want to look at on screen, it will pixelate if you go larger than 100%. If you want detail on screen then this method works and you can zoom in on detail. The enlargement I described was from a professional photographer, who prints a 10x6 inch 6 megapixel image sharp at 100% on screen as 36x24 inch sharp posters. I think he knows what he's talking about. Not many of us have printers capable of printing on paper of that size.

And as I said, I used the method to enlarge and save the image for a cross stitch chart, so wasn't printing it, and the detail I got in the chart was much better than anything I could get from the original saved image.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK