Another tip to add to all the advice so far - if, when you are in the
museum/gallery/display place and confronting the lace piece, chances are it
is behind glass. Some cameras have a 'museum setting' to help the focus
'see' past the glass. Whether or not your basic camera has such a setting,
check that your reflection isn't going to be part of your composition. You
might have to move slightly, or hold the camera at an angle. It might be
that low light is an advantage, if you can use the timed exposure feature,
and avoid reflected images on the glass.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM, bev walker <walker.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone and Sue who asked:
>
> Talking about photographing lace I have a question, I have a very ordinary
>> digital camera (HP Photosmart M417) that does have a few functions Macro
>> etc. and would like to know the best way to take photographs of lace with
>> it,....
>>

> --
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada