-I use the ones I make myself that I crochet. It holds as many bobbins as I
want and then I stack them. Bobbins never fall out or change places.
Instructions. chain as long as you want, I do 40. Single crochet back . The
next row is double crochet skip 1 double crochet repeat to the end. Single
crochet the next row on each double crochet and space. Repeat the last 2 rows
again and there you go.

Becca

I use the tongue depressor/elastic band method a lot. It only takes a
couple seconds to scoop one under a group of bobbins and hook the band
over the other end. Then the bundles stack up fairly well, or at least
lean against the pile of bundles. I guess, since I'm used to doing it, I
seldom have a band not fasten, though I've known a few to fly through the
air across the room if I don't hang on to them just right.

I've tried layers of cloth but wasn't happy with it. I do it only in a
pinch.

Your question brought to mind the bobbin holder I got in Europe. It's a
long U-shaped piece of wood with a long pin sticking out of the solid
end. It's designed to scoop up a cluster of bobbins, and then be pinned
upright on the pillow. It's a variation on the long brass pins used to
scoop up bobbins and hold them vertically. In the U-shaped holder, the
bobbins cannot fall out or get out of order. If I had more than one, it
would be fun to test the theory. Maybe someone in Europe who has used
these could comment.

Alice in Oregon -- where we had a partly gray day but no rain.