On Apr 10, 2010, at 10:02 AM, David C COLLYER wrote:

Personally I feel that the pricking would not buckle so much if it was a thin Manilla-type card, but as mine are always paper with Contact, this is often a problem. I feel it has something to do with large areas of point ground, rather than the areas of half or whole stitch, and may well be the angle of the pins in those areas.

David

Hi David,

Oy, I hate lifting prickings -- I've had it happen with thin pricking card, thick pricking card, and Contact!!! Aaargh!

Yes, I agree that large areas of point ground are likely to be a problem and watching the angle of the pins VERY carefully generally sorts it for me. On the other hand, you could always leave out the pins altogether in the point ground. Or if that gives you heartburn, try pinning every other diagonal, or only leaving in 3 or 4 rows at the working edge and pulling the rest.

Good Luck!
Su, in finally back to normal spring weather
Williamsburg, VA