----- Original Message -----
 Since I routinely travel 2 - 5 (or more!) hours to
our twice-yearly lace days, I can imagine that many of you could go to
numerous lace days within that travel time!

There is only one lace day in the state of Oregon, that I know of.  And it is
only once a year, in October.  The local lacemakers look forward to it and
welcome the more distant lacemakers who are able to come.  It's a very special
day for us.  This year we had a lady who spoke about the history of
handkerchiefs.  She had a hundred or more on display.  It was very interesting.
 It takes me over an hour to get to this lace day.

To give a perspective to members around the world, Oregon is about the same
land area as the country of England.

The only other lace day that it's possible to go to...with a 4 hour drive each
way... is in the state of Washington.  That one is in the busy part of summer
and I am usually too busy to be able to go.  I, too, sometimes envy the people
who are close to several lace groups, and can get to the large lace fairs.

Alice in Oregon...who saw a rainbow today in the middle of gray clouds.