I think that the list of lace days available in the UK indicates there
are still quite a few groups able to host such events. Yay!
I am not so sure that it is a smorgasbord of choices for every
lacemaker there, something comes to mind about 'you can't get there
from here' even though 'here' is some few miles away. The distance to
travel is relative to the route  and condition of the roadways,  and
if travel would have to be by car, bus and/or train.. We are lucky in
North America  we *can* get 'there' from 'here' more or less directly
given enough time. We're used to getting in the car and driving ;)
Now we need to find a way for all of us to have the best of both lace worlds :D

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada