My favorite bobbins are some very fine Binche bobbins, lighter and smaller than
the 3.75-3.8" ones--only 3.4" (87 mm), with a very delicate head and neck. They
handle very fine threads beautifully. The problem is that the US lace supplier
(Holly Van Sciver) doesn't carry them (can't get them) anymore, and I have been
unable to find where in Europe they might still be made or sold.

If anyone has a stash of these that they don't use and would like to sell,
please contact me off-list: we can trade photos of our bobbins and perhaps
negotiate a price if they are the same type!

Nancy
Connecticut, USA