Liz,

I'd like to think that Pragmatists, in your example, might find a
teacher and
start riding with training wheels or someone to steady them. I
don't think that
only Activists would actually get on the bike--even
Theorists and Reflectors
might eventually!  I say this because I might be
considered somewhere between a
Pragmatist and Theorist, in that I taught
myself bobbin lace from books, even
Flanders and Binche, only taking classes
after starting each type from books.
(Maybe a little bit of Activist since I
have worked from a pricking without any
diagrams or model/picture, but that
was only Torchon.)

Anyway, I'd like to think that all learning types would
eventually get on the
bike and learn to ride it themselves!

Nancy
Connecticut USA