I think in this case the question over what counts as Regency Lace, and its dates, relate to the origin of the ilk, rather than when patterns designed in that era have been used to make the lace. Bucks covers a number of centuries with numerous changes in design (for example, the proportion of point ground to more elaborate stitches). By "Regency" we narrow the design elements included in the lace patterns to those used in that particular era, much as we would by describing something as Jacobean, Tudor or Elizabethan. (The lace we make in the UK today could be termed Elizabethan, but it would include a much wider range of designs than the lace made in the days of Elizabeth I!)

In message <4d80bc1d.10...@comcast.net>, Clay Blackwell <clayblackw...@comcast.net> writes
therefore,
Regency lace would not have been as desirable in the later years of the
19th century.  However, after the renewed interest in lace after the
turn of the 20th century, *all* laces were desirable, so those who could
make lace would use any patterns they had or could find.

--
Jane Partridge