In message <blu0-smtp878bbe415af90d402aad71a7...@phx.gbl>, Malvary Cole <malva...@sympatico.ca> writes
With all the good suggestions for covering the points of scissors, does
anyone have a good idea for covering the end of a pricker that lives in the
lacemakers tool bag.

I find the plastic sleeving that is used on the individual wires in telephone and computer cables is just right for covering the sharp ends of prickers and needlepins. (This is where being married to a datacomms engineer and helping him with cabling jobs occasionally comes in very useful!). The sleeving from CAT5 cable is about the right size - I tried some from an external telephone cable (when the engineers replaced the line I scrounged a small length to try - the plastic sleeving in this case is a very tight fit on my needlepins and the wire is just a bit too stiff for spangling, but useful to fold into a tool for threading beads!). If recycling, you need a pair of pliers or cable strippers to remove the sleeving from the wire.
--
Jane Partridge