Watch the candy aisle in your store.  My favorite crochet hook and other tool
storage is a plastic tube about an inch wide with an attached snap-on lid that
came filled with miniature M&M Candy.  I got mine several  years ago but I
recently saw some in a store so they are out again.  Scissors won't fit but
there's room for tools with thick handles.

I have also seen some mints that come in a re-usable tube.

On one pair of my larger scissors, I keep a knitting needle tip guard.  I think
these come in various sizes for different knitting needles, so there might be
some that fit smaller scissors, also.

Alice in Oregon .. where we are to actually have four straight days of no rain.