Alice,

I think that may be it!  I'll try pushing up the thread when I get
home tonight.  I've noticed that the hitch loop is all the way to the top even
when the thread is unwinding from further down the bobbin.

Thanks!
Nancy
<lacel...@frontier.com>
<lace@arachne.com>
>Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2012 6:10 PM
>Subject: Re:
[lace] single bobbin unwinding

>I've had this happen with a bobbin that
didn't have the thread wound tightly against the top barrier of the thread
area.  I normally put my hitch on the wound thread.  The hitch often works
it's way to the top barrier.  If it finds smooth wood instead of threads, it
doesn't have the traction of threads holding the hitch.  This usually happens
with a bobbin that's not full. I try to fix it by pushing the threads upwards
on the bobbin, under the hitch.