I usually try to finish one piece at a time, but must admit to having two
unfinished at the moment. One is a large Bruges flower lace mat, and I have
just run out of team on that, and the other is a "free" lace piece that I
know is going to be difficult to finish off - it is waiting for me to have
lots of patience.

Otherwise, I too slow down towards the end of a project, worrying about
finishing, which I think can ruin an otherwise good piece of lace. But I
always have another project in mine, and eagerness to start it spurs me on.

Kathleen