I was fortunate enough to see the photograph in Caen this summer and hopefully someone may be able to throw some light on the questions 'who, when' where and why'? If only these antiques laces could speak and tell us who they belonged to, designer and maker and if made for a special occasion. This just shows how important it is to include these details with our lace, for the benefit of future generations.

Catherine Barley
UK

Subject: [lace] Bayeux Tapestry in needlelace

I am still looking for answers to the who, when, where and why about
the Bayeux Tapestry in needle lace. Now my blog is posted on the
Smithsonian website:

http://blog.americanhistory.si.edu/

-Karen on the sunny warm coast of the Atlantic in Delaware this week end