We were lucky enough to see part of this enormous piece of lace when we had
the American History tour on the Wednesday of the IOLI convention week.
After doing our own thing during the morning, we gathered after lunch and
were taken down into the bowels of the building, and let loose in 3 rooms
filled with lace!!!!
Wonderful!  They had laid out laces that related to the classes being taught
at Convention - so a lot of thought had been put into the display.
There was everything from some gold & silver Elizabethan lace to the World
War lace of Belgium.

The tour was actually my 2nd choice of tours, - but now I am SO glad I did
that one, as I am sure it was the best of all of the tours offered!!!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough, I mentioned this piece to someone the other day at Lace Day.
- Strange how a thought one side of the world can filter to the other side -
without the Internet, too!!!!!!! :)

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz
lizl...@bigpond.com