Dear Arachnes,

A friend just let me know that the new edition is finally available from Luton
Museums,  I am told the DVD is a great addition.  And in the postcard section
I found a set of Thomas Lester pattern designs,

http://www.lutonculture.com/shop/shop/books-and-media/the-lace-dealers-patter
n-book/
This is the first of a series of books showing collections from our museums.

This new revised book includes images of all forty-two sheets of lace samples
from the original book (1998), which were conserved by the Textile
Conservation Centre.  Also included for the first time is information about
the samples shown on each sheet, and a simple challenge invites the reader to
find a detail within the samples.

A DVD also accompanies this book, which allows detailed viewing of each
sheet.

price £19:99, they accept online purchases via paypal. But the site is very
slow - all those lacemakers ordering their fix I'd guess.

Enjoy,

Louise

In blustery Cambridge