Dear All,
When we are at home, it is easier to make lace at home than lug the stuff all over, but clearly from the responses, making lace in public seems to draw questions from onlookers. How much interest could we get for lacemaking if we simply spent some time in our home town making lace in a public place? I don't think anyone knows the answer, but it might be interesting to find out. I have made lace on other cruises, for several years it was the only place I had the time, and there was no interest. Then bam, veritable hordes. OK, a dozen interested people in 2 hours. When I get home I am going to make an effort to make lace in public places, or at least not just in my kitchen. Perhaps in the library in winter, at a bench in a busy park in nice weather. Streamlined. In a place where some people pass by. And with my lace hankie hanging out of the pocket of my jacket.

Lyn from Lancaster, PA, USA, now in New Orleans, where it's going to be nice again. I wore sandals and a summer jacket yesterday, and was fine. I think the locals were wearing warmer clothing. For me this is warm spring weather. High 62F, 15C.

Liz wrote:
I had my travel Pillow with me when we went to Tasmania ...after dinner, I got out my pillow, and sat in
the lounge making lace for quite a while.  Not a great deal of interest,
though!!
We may go there again - and again I will take my pillow, - as I often do
when we go away for weekends. I have "educated' quite a few people who have
come to watch and ask what I am doing!!