At Norfolk Lacemakers every other year we have a whole day when we all sit
and demonstrate at the Norwich Library, as everyone has to go through the
large entrance foyer that's where we set up because everyone has to go past
us to get to where in the library they want to be, very few people pass
without having a quick look at what we are doing and many more go completely
round all the tables to get a better look.  Every time we demonstrate I am
amazed at how many men seem to be fascinated by it and ask lots of questions
and a few even "have a go" we get lots of children interested and many of
them are dragged away by the parents because they need to get going but the
children just want to keep on making lace.  One little girl last time ended
up going home with a second hand pillow and plastic bobbins and a snake
pattern because she was so hooked ( hope she keeps it up).  We have gained
new members of the club as a result of these days at the library.

Sue M Harvey
Norfolk UK