> Hi Susie,
I too wanted to make lace for my youngest daughter's future wedding but neither
she nor I had any idea what kind of dress she would want and so I began yardage
for a wedding veil when she was still in high school.  I chose a torchon
pattern about 2 " wide and used Metler 60/2 cotton thread. Over the next 5
years I made 8 yards. I used all but 13" when I made the veil.  I also made her
garter and lace for a hanky.  Finally I made a square mat that was open in the
center for the bridal pillow and after the wedding I took the mat off the
pillow and put a picture of the bride and groom in the center, framed it and
gave to the bride and groom.
There are lots of ways to use lace in a wedding besides on the dress.
It is a very rewarding endeavor and I'm sure you will enjoy making lots of lace
for your daughter.
Best Regards,
Carol Melton
Valley of the Sun
Phoenix, AZ. USA
where it has been raining off and on for 2 days. We have had almost 1 and 1/4".
 It is supposed to be wet until Tuesday and then clear off. If this keeps up
the desert will have a profusion of wild flowers in the spring!!!