I am astonished that no one has challenged the notion that people with superior math/science/computer programming skills make the best lacemakers!! It may be that those who are making the claims happen to have those skills, but being able to execute a lace pattern is not the same as making it a thing of beauty, which separates the competent lacemaker from the extraordinary one. And it take an artist to design the lace in the first place.

I would like to suggest that teaching children to make lace would broaden their horizons in many ways, allowing the potentials with which they were born to develop.

Clay