Hi Jenny

25 pins per 5cm = 2mm spaces between the pins.
The chart on page 8 of T4L, Ed 5  or
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/lace/threadsize/threadsize.html
suggests 50 w/cm

Brok 120/2 is 60 w/cm and Egyptian Gassed is 58 w/cm (both cotton counts or NeC
sizes) are both a bit finer.
Tanne 802 or Egyptian 80/2 would be the right sort of thickness, or YLI
Heirloom Sewing 100/2 which has a slightly firmer twist. The Finca 100 will
probably be OK although it might be a little on the heavy side; it depends on
how you want the finished lace to look.  The finer the thread the less
difference a couple of wraps/cm either way make

Yes, Pipers do do a 90 denier silk which I've measured as 37 w/cm but it's an
un-plied filament floss which spreads out so much more than a regular plied
thread.  That sort of thread when made up will spread out just as it did when I
made the wrappings, but it will also squash down together more - which is a big
plus for some sorts of lace.

Brenda

On 1 Oct 2013, at 07:48, Jenny Brandis wrote:

> On page 119 it says that 90 deniers equals 120/2 Nec or 200/2 Nm
>
> As I have Finca 100 (54wpc) I think that will work. If I am wrong,

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk