I think that Sue has answered the questions.

I'm sure it will be 'au ver a soie' rather than  'du ver a soie' and the platre
version of the natural cotton is smooth rather than 'roc' which is cabled (I
think double plied like cordonnet crochet threads) or 'stuc' which is loopy.
I've not seen it but it's a knitting yarn of three-ply thickness, which in
knitting terms translates to fine or lace weight.

Brenda

On 3 Feb 2014, at 03:36, Sue Babbs wrote:

> Is it "Au ver a Soie" rather than "Du ver a soie" ?
> http://www.silk-thread.com/our-silk-threads#pure-soie
>
> If so that is listed under the 'a' section in silks in Brenda's book.
>

> Bergere de France is a brand, and  cotons nature platre is listed here:
>
> http://www.bergeredefrance.com/cotons-nature-platre.html

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk