Hello Jenny and everyone

Your Finca 100 will do, keep in mind it is different in grist from silk
thread.
I made a small roundel from Ruth's book, with Clover sewing machine silk
100, and used a very thick French silk floss for the gimp. This fine silk
produced a surprisingly firm fabric (the gimp was more flopsy), so while I
agree with Jane about the drape quality in a large piece, with the small
item, the many twists used throughout encourage stiffness. I was impressed
with the use of contrast in thick and thin threads, and must say the
results, even by my hand, were exquisite!
Now I want to borrow that book again...so many laces...

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada