Susie writes:

"The company that used to import the Form X film stopped doing so about 10
years ago when demand dropped as the graphic arts industry began
digitizing."

>From that I conclude that about 10 years ago it became so easy  to print
things on colored paper in the US that it didn't make any sense to use
colored film.

I don't consider an item to be readily available if you have  to buy it
from a lace supply business, of which there are very few in the US,  usually
mail order businesses. In contrast the local Staples has boxes of  colored
paper and card piled up to the rafters.

I don't mind buying fine thread, books and patterns at  lace supply
businesses, but it seems a little anachronistic that we all have to  buy
imported
blue film because, historically, it used to be hard to copy  things on
colored paper.

Devon