I agree with Devon that copying the pricking onto colored card is a good
approach, but will only work if your printer doesn't chew up the card, or if you
can convince the local Staples store that you aren't infringing on copyright
when you want something copied when it has a copyright mark on it (like many
lace patterns).  I have explained, in vain, that it is for personal use, but it
seems to fall on deaf ears.  If you chose to use colored paper instead, it
should ideally also be stiffened - especially if the pricking is intended for
more than one use.

If you order something from the EU to ship to the US you should not be charged
VAT.  In fact, SMP Lace states quite clearly on their website that they do not
charge VAT to anyone outside the EU, which equates to a savings of approx.
16.67%.  In addition, there is no surcharge if you use VISA , Mastercard or
AMEX.  Overseas orders up to 2 kg (approx. 4.5 lbs) are sent airmail (which will
cost around GBP 18.00).

Alternatives do exist, but I will stick (pun intended) with the blue film

Jill, Milton Keynes, Bucks