Dear Alex & fellow Arachnids,

Alex you hit the nail on the head. Use the bobbins you are comfortable with but also; use them with the pillow you feel comfortable with using. Spangled midlands bobbins can be used on a flat pillow as well as continentals and continentals can be used on a slightly domed pillow. There are just a couple of provisos; Honiton bobbins work better on a domed pillow as they are very lightweight and on travelpillows one works more easily with the slightly shorter bobbins whether they be spangled midlands travellers or the shorter continentals.

Happy lace making, Joepie, East Sussex, UK were the sun is shining but it is a little cooler than the last week has been.

-----Original Message----- From: Alex Stillwell

Many years ago I taught an introduction to Valenciennes lace <.......

....>My personal advice is use the bobbins you are comfortable with, no matter what
the type of lace, and use the correct pillow with them. .