I believe number 4 is indeed a Springett bobbin, tail and head are very typical
of David's bobbins.
This is what Wikipedia says about Horn: "A horn is a pointed projection of skin
on the head of various animals consisting of a covering of keratin and other
proteins surrounding a core of live bone."
It is flexible to some extent, and  may therefore distort over time.
Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

Hello All!  My bobbin pics are posted.  Can anyone share additional info?  The
first is the Arachne bobbin with spider bead spangle.  Next is Stephen Pierce
(Pearce?).  Next is "The Lace Hall Nottingham" with a terrific painted cat &
spangles.  The last looks like Tonder gimp fingers & may be Springett?  I also
posted a pic of some horn bobbins for Brian.  They are not old but quite
pretty.  I've not used them much because they become semi-flexible when handled
frequently.  Not sure I understand why--perhaps they should have been
treated/coated with varnish??  Any thoughts?  Many thanks.  Sincerely, Susan
Hottle, Erie, PA USA