Lyn, I guess I didn't make myself clear. It is the mother who wants to
learn. I mentioned the children because it occurred to me that it
wouldn't be that easy for her to leave the house. Also, I left out
another part of the message. The entire message said, "I have two
young boys. Two and 4 years old. They keep me busy most of the time.
But I’m wanting to start a hobby so bad for the little free time that
I have. Is this hobby something easy to pack away (so my kids can’t
get their hands in it) and something I can pick up and leave as my
free time permits? I have some experience in crocheting but beginners
level. What’s the best way for me to start this hobby? I’d love to
make beautiful lace."

I am not sure what to say about the matter of whether it is easy to
pack away and pick up.
Devon