On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 16:25, Tomasz Chilinski wrote:
> This is not good solution cause of high load where you account many
nets
> and/or hosts. In my opinion ACCOUNT/account from netfilter.org
> patch-o-matic-ng are the best solutions for mass accounting.
>
> Bests,
> Tomasz Chilinski

Perhaps your right, but I use it on a bridge in front of a complete
subnet, so at the time the easiest sollution was to log via libpcap.
Of course it depends on how many hosts/subnets you are logging and the
available CPU for it. My suggestion might be an easier sollution for
Patrick, in that he does not need to patch his kernel and iptables for
it, if his distro does not have ACCOUNT/account build in.

Daniel Frederiksen, Cyberdoc.dk