Jim Kring wrote:
Hello Info-LV'ers,

I have started a contest to create a high-performance VI that removes
backspace characters (and the characters preceding them) from a string. The wining entry will become part of the OpenG Toolkit. (Note that VI
Icons will be judged separately).

http://www.openg.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=OpenG+Coding+Challenge+-+Remove+Backspace

That's just depressing! There are people in the rankint with a speedup of about 160! And I've built two versions... one which completes in about halve the time and another one which takes longer than the original! :-(

Are the Results on the site really true? I allmost can't believe it! But I'm trying :-)

Bye

Marco