Craig Graham wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marco Tedaldi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Info-LabVIEW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: OpenG Coding Challenge - Remove Backspace

That's just depressing! There are people in the rankint with a speedup
of about 160! And I've built two versions... one which completes in
about halve the time and another one which takes longer than the
original! :-(

Are the Results on the site really true? I allmost can't believe it! But
I'm trying :-)

Well, my first attempt came in at a tad under 20ms. I'll have another crack
soon; obviously not much point submitting at this stage. But I also am
trying. :)

For the short term, take the current performance rankings with a grain of salt. There are statistical uncertainties in those numbers and there are platform and LabVIEW version differences, as well. We are working on a test plan that will test the entries on a variety of platforms and under many input conditions. Ultimately we want to account for (and try to eliminate) any uncertainties.

Regards,

-Jim