"Alex Le Dain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Just be careful. The penalty of reentrancy is memory. Marking all your VI's reentrant
>might give some increased processing speed but as each instance of the VI has it's own
>memory space, so depending on what you're doing making all your VI's reentrant can
>cripple you with memory requirements (especially with low RAM systems like FP
>controllers).
>
>I would also think that re-entrancy here is only for testing "as near to optimum",
>presumably building a VI into an EXE would achive the same increase in performance as
>is achieved with reentrant=TRUE, as the UI and debug code are removed then. Is that
correct Jim?

No I don't think so. Unless NI made some significant changes in LabVIEW 7.0. building
an application is just about the same performance gain as disabling the debugging flag.
I have older figures but this resulted in LabVIEW 5 and 6 in gains of a few % and is
therefore bound to get almost lost in the noise of the measurement accuracy.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                  fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]