Here is what my work is all about. I am trying to develop a software
for Heart Rate Variability analysis. I am not sure if you are aware of
heart beat waveforms, they are bunch spikes, occuring at irregular
intervals. We have to do analysis on this waveform. How ? First we
have to create a plot called Tachogram. This is done by, for example,
let's name the first spike R1, the second one R2, and the third one
R3, and so on. This is how the co-ordinate points are created. (R1,
R2-R1), (R2, R3-R2), and so on...
Here R1 is the time instant at which the spike R1 occurs, and R2-R1 is
the time difference between these peak occurences. So, if we plot
these values, then it gives us one like what you saw on your time
domain plot. What we have to do with this signal is, we have to apply
FFT technique to produce its power spectrum for analysis. Generally
the frequency range of the spectrum goes from 0 - 0.5 Hz. They part
this range into VLF, LF, and HF, and analyze how much power is
distributed in these regions. The distribution would tell you if you
were stressed out,or have worked out, things like that. Normally, you
can view spikes around LF, HF region. If you had viewed the power
spectrum for the data that I sent, then that's what it pretty much
looks like. I think I have said a lot about it now. Hope you get it.

We were talking about the "other component", I can't really see where
it lies, must be in the 60-80 sec. range in the graph. If you look at
the spectrum, I am getting a huge value around 0.0033 Hz, how do I
minimize or remove this ?

Also, I am using Unevenly Spaced Signal Spectrum.vi, I am not sure
what excactly is the unit for the Power Spectrum output. Technical
Papers denote, Periodogram algorithm used by this VI, gives Power
Spectral Density ? If that's right, then the unit is V^2/HZ.
Please advise.

Again, I should thank you for your time and effort.
I have to meet a deadline this week in finishing this project, and
your help is immense to me at this point.

Thanks & Best Regards,