Am 03.01.2012 15:55, schrieb David Unric:
Lazarus 0.9.31 seems to do not use -P option as it still produces i386
code even if target CPU family is set to x86_64 in Project options and
exe is rebuilt from scratch (console app).

Are you sure that it's a 32-Bit application?

I'd like to ask somebody to shed some light on this subjects:
1) why supplying target OS option (-T) fails ? If I'd like to build
win64 exe on win32 system have I pass CPU Target and fpc "automagically"
selects appropriate OS Target ?

This is the same problem I mentioned in my other mail. Without the "-PXXX" argument fpc selects the i386 compiler which does not know about the win64 target, thus the error.

2) How to tweak Lazarus so I can simply switch between win32/win64 targets ?
I'd appreciate any hint.

Normally this works by changing the CPU family in the compiler options. Are you sure that you've set Lazarus to use the correct compiler?

Regards,
Sven