On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 22:59:43 +0100
Martin <laza...@mfriebe.de> wrote:

>[...]
> I understand well the importance of the difference storage types, and
> even more to store an option in the correct place.
>
> But I still thing it is too disrupting.
>
> About the order: The order would be kept.
> * Targets: abc
> - Store IDE: Custom -Cr
> - Store IDE: Custom -Cr
> - Store lpi: Custom -Cr
> - Store lps: Custom -Cr
> * Targets: *
> - Store IDE: Custom -Cr
> - Store lpi: Custom -Cr
> - Store lps: Custom -Cr
>
> Within each target, the order would be kept.
> Instead of using a "in matrix group/header", each storage group could
> have a color
>
> If there where 3 radiobutton at the begin of each row
>
>    I | L | L  |  M | M
>    D | P | P  |  o | o
>    E | I | S  |  d | d
>      |   |    |  e | e
>      |   |    |  1 | 2
>    _______________
> / Targets: abc
> | * | o | o | [x] | [ ] | Custom -Cr
> | * | o | o | [x] | [ ] | Custom -Cr
> | o | * | o | [ ] | [x] | Custom -Cr
> | O | o | * | [x] | [x] | Custom -Cr
>
> And each radio (column) had a different color, that would only show if the
> radio is set.
> Changing the radio, will change the order. That could be deferred, until the
> user ends editing the TArget.

Does that mean the user can not see the final result until he closes
and reopens the dialog?

And I don't see how the users can see that the storage takes higher
precedence than the targets. Can you give an example for two targets?

> ---------------------------
> Then the next thing is "Target", maybe that could be more descriptive
> "Apply to packages:"
> "Apply to project [x], packages: '*'"
> "Options for project [x] and packages: '*'"

Move the mouse over a target. The hint shows the targets as a
descriptive sentence.
At the moment you can edit the targets in place.
A descriptive sentence can not be edited in place. How do you want to
edit it?

> With the storage as radio, if the grid is empty, an empty (dummy) "Target"
> could be displayed.
>
> Since the name of that line contains the description, users may realize that
> they can set options for packages.
>

> The "Target" header should allow right click, and offer a popup to add rows
> (idemacro, custum,...)

+1

Mattias