Martin Frb wrote:

I have the log file attached.

What code is on this line?

This is not always the same line when the problem appears.

   repeat
      Writeln('Test');
      Sleep(500);
   until FALSE;

It can happen, that I press F8, when the grey bar is on the line with the Writeln statement and the debugger does not come back to the next line with the Sleep statement.

I made another simple test case, which fails on Windows 7 (but works on Windows 2000):

program project2;

begin
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
   Writeln('Test');
end.

On Windows 7, I am not able to step until the end of the program. At some time, when I step over with F8, the grey selection bar does not come back to the next Writeln statement. I can see, that the target has stopped, because there is no further output in the console.

[valuable information snipped]

You could try, if you are on that line, instead of stepping (F8), set a breakpoint the next line (lines, if there is a conditional), and use F9.

Then, with F9 you should be able to use the pause button

And then try, what happens if you hit the pause button in the IDE?

yes, pause seems to work.

So the remote printed connection lost, when you pressed stop in the IDE. Then it was still connected?

The exact message from the target is:

"Remote side has terminated connection. GDBServer will reopen connection.
Listening on port 3333"

Regards, Bernd.