On 10/04/2014 16:20, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 04/10/2014 03:30 PM, Martin Frb wrote:
On 10/04/2014 14:14, Michael Schnell wrote:
Moreover I found that, with an embedded target, finding or creating a normal gdb might be a lot easier that finding or creating the "cross gdb" (running on PC but understanding the Target's files) plus the gdbserver for the target.

Any comment on this ?

IMHO the by for most needed application for remote debugging is PC (Linux or Windows) ---> ARM (Linux).

Will there once be some "out of thge box" support for this (providing gdbm gdbserver and documentation) ?

(In fact - as you might remember - a pal from Austria and myself did not get this running about y year ago.)

I will work on improving the IDE gdb/gdbserver support, where I can (and dependent on feedback).

I do not plan, to try and build, or searh for gdb/gdbservers. Nor do I have (or plan on having) any arm (real or simulated) environment.

So I will not add those gdb/gdbserver myself.
I do not know, if anyone else wants to work on that.

Also which installer should they be added to? The only installer which does arm, is the wince. (and that may also need some maintenance, not sure, if it comes with gdb out of the box)