On 04/10/2014 07:33 PM, Martin Frb wrote:
Look at the log, if you see the -exec-... & and the work then all is ok.

I have the ARM machine in question (a "topless" QNAP NAS) at home and will try to make sense of this during the weekend.

BTW.:
In fact the helpful person from Austria did start to write a documentation on how to install and use cross compiling and remote debugging towards an embedded ARM target. I promised to translate this to English. when one and verified.

But he was only able to create the "cross" gdb / gdbserver pair after installing the complete multi Gigabyte partly propriety "CodeSourcery" cross environment (including Eclipse) and so we decided that documenting _this_ does not make sense.

-Michael